Welcomed by the call of the ocean, the moment you see the Vidamar Resort Algarve you know that you arrived at the perfect holiday location. Overlooking the beautiful Salgados beach, golf course and nature reserve, Vidamar guests can experience the laid-back experience with the lively family facilities. The Vidamar dining experience is complete with the Dine-Around concept that allows guests to choose from a selection of Half Board options in 4 different restaurants.
Spacious guest rooms that combine a sophisticated decoration along modern lines with outstanding and refined service. From your room step out into the open air onto a balcony with table and chairs, where you can soak up the Algarve sun and contemplate the peerless natural setting that Salgados has to offer. You are welcome!
An exotic view that takes in the blue of our salt-water swimming pools and the tropical green of the surrounding palm trees.
Double rooms designed and laid out to ensure the greatest convenience and well-being during your stay. With an area of 42 square metres and with either a king sized double bed or twins, plus a spacious sofa-bed. For your comfort, all rooms are equipped with LCD televisions and video on demand, Wi-Fi, Minibar and safe. The en-suite bathroom scores with its ample size and functionality, equipped as it is with a double shower and natural light. Cots are available if requested in advance, where the maximum occupation of the room allows.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a resort with multiple properties, the photography here shows an example of one or more properties and your actual property will be allocated by reception on arrival.
Check-in time is after 3pm, check-out time is after 11am. Daily maid cleaning service. Linen and towels are changed every 2 days or daily upon request for no extra charge.
Double rooms are available on Half Board basis (accommodation, breakfast and dinner without drinks) and sleep 2 adults + either 1 extra teenager up to 16 years old or 1 extra child aged 3-11 years old or 1 baby in a cot (free of charge). There is a daily supplement payable for the extra teenager or child.
Alternatively the Pool view rooms can be booked as a Family room, which sleeps up to 4 persons- 2 adults and 2 children aged 3-11 (or 2 babies) are included in the rate.
The Vidamar Resort Algarve is located in central Algarve, near the popular town of Albufeira, in Salgados Resort, 40 minutes from Faro International Airport and only 15 minutes from Algarve A22 motorway and the Lisbon A2 motorway. Please note that google earth is currently displaying an older image of the area, before the Vidamar resort was built.
• Salgados extensive sandy beach (+/- 6 Km long)
• Direct access to Salgados beach from the Hotel’s pools area and through a purpose-built pathway over the dunes (+/- 150 m long)
• 1 Saltwater Outdoor pool (690 meters long, 2 meters deep and oval shape)
• 1 Saltwater Children’s pool (40 cm deep)
• 1 Saltwater Chill out outdoor pool with underwater lounges and benches (60 cm deep)
• Beach concession & beach snack-bar (+/- 500 m)
• 4 Restaurants (Ocean Buffet, Koi Sushi, Mamma Mia Italian, “Sabor a Mar” local seafood)
• 4 Bars (2 lobby bars: “Nespresso Bar”, “Gin Bar”; a swim-up “Tiki Bar” and a pool side “Sunset snack-bar”)
• Spa Del Mar (details below)
• Aquatica Kids World (from 4 to 11 years old; seasonal opening)
• Seasonal entertainment programme for adults & children
• Extensive palm gardens and recreation areas
• Outdoor fitness venue for Body & Mind exercise classes
• Wireless broadband internet connection
• Underground and outdoor car parking, , underground parking is €8 per day for fuel cars and €10 per day for electric cars, no charge for outdoor parking.
A complimentary shuttle service to Albufeira downtown - 10h30: VIDAMAR – Centro de Albufeira
15h30: Centro de Albufeira – VIDAMAR. Seats need to be pre booked at least 2hrs prior to departure and is subject to availability.
Vida Club is designed around children and their dawn to dusk needs. With 800 sqm of fenced/secured playing area, the club will awaken the creativity and will delight all children.
From 4 to 11-year-olds, the emphasis is on fun in a safe, secure environment. Parents can relax in the knowledge that they can enjoy the resort, knowing that their children can play in a safe, secure environment - their very own 'Child Area’, complete with a nearby pool created exclusively for them. This new facility includes the Kids Club (4-11 years old), a Baby Corner (babies accompanied by parents), a Games Room (for teenagers) and an Animation/Performance Room, where shows dedicated to kids will take place.
With activities tailor-made to different age groups, Vida Club is the place to play, perform and create. Access to the facilities is free of charge and weekly organized activities are available at a supplement. Availability and timetable may change subject to seasonal demand and weather conditions. A Babysitting service is also provided during the day by fully qualified staff; 24-hour pre-booking is needed.
Ocean Buffet Restaurant:-
The Ocean restaurant is divided into 2 large dining spaces, inside and the large outside Terrace. Various evening themed buffet evenings are organized with seasonal live music. Live cooking stations ensure a variety of food is served daily with guest choice of chef’s specialties. Open Daily: Breakfast 07.30-10.30. Dinner 19.00-22.00.
Mamma Mia Italian Restaurant:-
The Mamma Mia is located in the resort’s Palms Gardens only 150 meters from Salgados Beach. There is an open space perfect for alfresco dining or simply enjoying a few drinks after dark. The restaurant is also open to non-residents, ensuring an authentic atmosphere of local and tourist clientele. Open: Lunch 12.30-15.00 Dinner 19.00-22.00
Sabor A Mar:-
Portuguese love eating their seafood within the sound of the ocean and with a glass of cold beer. The restaurant menu lives up to its name Taste of the Sea with a selection of shellfish and locally caught fish. Open: Lunch 12.30-15.00. Dinner 19.00-22.30.
The Koi Sushi restaurant is a cool and contemporary in design where true sushi lovers will appreciate a fresh, simple and delicious menu. Open for Dinner only 19.00-22.30.
A range of the best coffee beans and herbal tea is served daily from 10.00-20.00hrs. During the summer peak period, it may stay open until later.
The Gin Bar has a relaxed and casual ambiance, offers an extensive selection of the best Gin flavours. Open daily 18.00-00.00hrs.
Sunset Snack Bar:-
Adjacent to the swimming pools, this bar serves drinks and snacks during the day.
Weather permitting: 10.30-18.00. During peak summer period, it may stay open at night with live music.
The Tiki Bar (a swim-up bar) offers guests the enjoyment of this popular wet trend. Weather permitting: 12.00 – 18.00. During the summer peak period, it may stay open until later.
RESTAURANT AJI and LISBOA BAR – ADULTS ONLY (12+ yrs. old)
From the 21st of May 2018 our Restaurant Aji and Lisboa Bar will be exclusive for guests with 12 years old or more. So parents may enjoy these spaces “kids free”, our entertainment team will provide a night supervision service for children (4 – 11 years old), as bellow described.
VIDA CLUB – NIGHT SUPERVISION SERVICE (18h30-22h30)
• Service available from the 21st of May, 5 nights a week, from 18h30 until 22h30;
• Children between 4 and 11 years old;
• Includes dinner with beverages (mineral water and soft drinks), served in our Restaurant Ocean Buffet;
• After dinner, children will continue to be under the supervision of our team, while enjoying the kids’ night entertainment program;
• Reservations to be done directly at the VidaClub, always subject to availability and maximum capacity of 24 children per night;
• Meeting point at the VidaClub at 18:30;
• Service without additional costs for guests in Half-Board (dinner supplement applies to guests staying in Bed & Breakfast or Self-Catering basis).
Discover the Vidamar restaurant Dine Around concept featuring open air, sea view and sunset dining options. From romantic dinners to family fun restaurants, Vidamar offers a wide range of dining options. Enjoy exciting theme dinners including Italian, International Buffet, Sea Food, Sushi and more.
Take advantage of the Dine Around privileges a special dining scheme that allows Vidamar guests to sample a wide variety of cuisines at a selection of restaurants throughout the resort. Simply make a dinner reservation of choice and enjoy the meal with the food credit applicable to the final dinner bill.
Dine Around Guidelines:-
Guests may now choose to dine in any of our 4 restaurants without extra cost, if choosing the gastronomic options, specially created by our Chef (starters, main courses and deserts), which are included in the half-board, or opt for other suggestions from the menu, by taking advantage of the half-board food credit (15€ per adult / 7,50€ per child).
- The Ocean Buffet Restaurant – offering 14 rotational thematic buffets
- À la Carte Mamma Mia Restaurant – Italian cuisine
- À la Carte Aji Oriental Flavours (previous Koi Restaurant) – offering, as the name says, oriental specialities
- À la Carte Sunset Restaurant & Bar – offering also 4 thematic nights per week, such as cataplana, fish, seafood and rodizio.
The Dinner can't be exchanged for lunch and does not include drinks. The theme restaurants are subject to mandatory table reservation upon check-in. Reservations are made at our Customer Service Department, next to the reception. During their stay, Guests may repeat as many times as they wish any of the restaurants.
Please note restaurants and bars may not be available at all times; availability and opening times are subject to seasonal demand and weather conditions.
Outdoor club concept, exclusive for adults (from 16 years old), with a privileged location overlooking the beach and the sunset;
The club offers a new exclusive outdoor heated pool with saltwater, pool towels, exclusive WC, Jacuzzis and bar service with a selection of drinks and light and healthy food choice;
Daily service with restricted access and mandatory rental of Bali Bed or sun loungers, open from 10 am to 7.30 – June to September
Massage services available, with prior booking from the club treatment selection;
• SPA with 3 treatment rooms, relaxing area and SPA circuit that includes: animated indoor pool, heated and with salted water, sauna, jacuzzi, turkish bath and ice fountain – access is restricted to guests with 16 years old or more. The SPA circuit will cost 20,00 € per person, per day. The price includes towel and swimming cap.
Guests doing treatments in our SPA can use the SPA Circuit without previous and/or after the treament (swimming cap not included).
• GYM – complimentary and restricted to guests with 16 years old or more
• ANIMATED INDOOR POOL heated and with salted water – access is free to all our guests. Children below 16 years old need to be monitored by an adult.
• Beach water sports such as Sailing & Windsurf, water skiing & parasailing
• Shopping Centre (± 15 min. drive)
• Horseback riding
• Sports fishing from Albufeira marina (± 10 min. drive) or Portimão marina (± 30 min. drive)
• Boat trips & Catamaran from Albufeira marina (± 10 min. drive)
• Bird watching in Salgados Lagoon nature reserve (+/- 300m)
• 18-hole Golf Course on site, driving range and putting green
• Water slide and animal themed parks (± 15 min.)
• Salgados Beach (+/- 150m away) and beach concession (+/-500m), both with direct access from the hotel’s large outdoor sunbathing and leisure area.
Prices quoted are per villa per week. Please note where your holiday dates cross multiple price bands the total holiday price is calculated per day per price band.
The rates quoted for 2020 bookings are based on 2019 rates and are subject to final confirmation around Oct / Nov 2019 when contracts are signed.
The following items may be added when you book this property.
1. Select your duration nights
2. Select your start date from the calendar
In peak season many of our villas will be set to multiples of 7 nights. e.g. 7, 14, 21 etc.
If you need any help at all, please call our Villa Specialists on +44 (0)1522 889450