Set within 8000 square metres of stunning landscaped Mediterranean gardens, and enclosed behind high gates, Villa Amanjena is approached via a long lavender-lined drive. The Menorcan home of one of Spain's most iconic and admired basketball heroes, Villa Amanjena is an elegantly designed Moroccan style villa, which offers accommodation in its main villa (accommodating 6 persons) and in 3 separate annexes (accommodating 4/6 persons), a perfect choice for a large group or family wishing to holiday together, yet looking for independence in the layout of their accommodation.
A beautiful stone house, it offers considerable comfort, being designed for year-round living, with both central heating and air conditioning, and with living spaces, which are light and airy, with high beamed ceilings, beautiful stone walls and cooling tiled floors. Wake up each morning and treat yourself to breakfast on the terrace, or take the opportunity to pop into San Luis, just a short distance away, for a coffee or some lunchtime tapas, before returning to the villa and relaxing by the pool.
External features include: the main pool, which is gated and heatable for a supplemental charge, an adjacent children’s splash pool, a good selection of open and covered terraces, as well as a built-in barbecue with partially enclosed external dining zone equipped with teak table and seating, and in a separate area of the grounds, a mini football pitch, with full size goals, a basket ball court and a floodlit paddle tennis court.
The main villa offers:
* Entrance hall leading to the beautiful living room with plenty of comfortable seating and double doors opening onto one of the large patios overlooking the garden. There is Satellite TV and a DVD player in the living room. The whole property has WIFI access.
* Kitchen with granite work surfaces, a Smeg gas range cooker, a double American fridge freezer, microwave, dishwasher and walk-in larder. There is a breakfast bar that leads to a split-level dining area that is surrounded by sliding doors opening onto the outside dining area, barbecue, gardens and the pool terrace.
* Three bedrooms with teak fitted wardrobes and each with a dedicated or en-suite bathroom. The main bedroom includes a king size bed with high quality tempur mattress and en-suite full bathroom, with jacuzzi bath, separate shower cubicle and double vanity unit. The two remaining bedrooms offer flexible sleeping accommodation – and can either be twins or made up as doubles, one has en en-suite full bathroom and the other has access to its own dedicated bathroom. There is also a guest cloakroom.
Annexe wing offers:
A large suite with its own entrance. The bedroom offers flexible sleeping accommodation (can either be a twin or made up as double), there is an en-suite full bathroom, a mini kitchenette with 2 ring electric hob, sink and mini fridge and doors that open directly onto the pool terrace. There is a wooden staircase, which leads up to a mezzanine level, and galleried sleeping zone with two further single beds. The staircase has restricted head height and is therefore only suitable for slightly older children - not toddlers or the elderly = Sleeps 2/4
A compact twin bedroom with its own private entrance and en suite shower room = Sleeps 2
At the end of the annexe wing there is the utility/laundry room where the washing machine and tumble drier is located, as well as a drying area. On passing through the utility/laundry area there is a further compact bedroom (able to sleep 2) and an en suite shower room - ideal for a nanny or staff that may accompany guests, but not included in the total capacity and bedrooms/bathrooms detailed above.
Approximately 5/10 minutes drive to the beaches of Binisafua, Binibeca, Punta Prima and S’Algar.
Approximately 10 minutes walk to the local bars/restaurants and shops in San Luis.
Approximately 10 minutes drive to the old town and port of Mahon.
The villa will be cleaned and fully prepared for arrival & there will be a light clean and change of bed linen & towels on stays of more than 7 nights (basically on bookings of 14 nights).
Additional cleaning, available on request at a supplementary charge of 18 euros per hour, minimum 2 hours. Additional change of bed linen & towels, available on request at a supplementary charge of 12 euros per person (plus a further 18 euros for delivery and making of the beds).
1st Cot and highchair are available on request and are included free of charge.
Pool towels included, free of charge.
Hairdryers included, free of charge.
Air conditioning included, in the main villa, living area and bedrooms and in the separate bedrooms of the annexe wing.
Central heating available on request, at a supplementary charge.
*Pool heating available on request, at a supplementary charge.
Balearic's Tourism License - ET0649ME
Prices quoted are per villa per week. Please note where your holiday dates cross multiple price bands the total holiday price is calculated per day per price band.
The rates quoted for 2020 bookings are based on 2019 rates and are subject to final confirmation around Oct / Nov 2019 when contracts are signed.
The following items may be added when you book this property.
1. Select your duration nights
2. Select your start date from the calendar
In peak season many of our villas will be set to multiples of 7 nights. e.g. 7, 14, 21 etc.
If you need any help at all, please call our Villa Specialists on +44 (0)1522 889450